Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monster Table

I've got a problem. Not a problem of global proportions but of kitchen proportions. My kitchen table is kind of a pain in the bahookie. This poor table used to be a hodge-podge of 2 different tables and spare parts. The top is made from a 3 leaves side drop table. Antique beyond repair, missing legs, deep gauges in the top. Poor thing.

Can you see the deep gouges in the wood?

My family had out grown my old round table and chairs that I bought at a yard sale for $25. #3 is probably so tired of hearing me say that but that table was truly my best yard sale buy EVER! That table was perfect for us for 3 years but children were born and grew and it was time to let go.  Oh, and the top popped off once ;)

Hubby got inventive one day and took the 3 leaves off of that old broke down antique, stuck them to a few 2x4's and then stole the legs off of our first rectangle kitchen table and a monster was born. MUHAHAHA!! (Dr. Frankenstein laugh) ;)

So here is my table...


Yes, it's a bad picture but I'm too lazy to clean my table off and take a new one.

I sanded the top, stained it, and put a coat of polyurethane on it. The table still needs another coat of polyurethane and the legs need the entire treatment. Here's the troub though, I don't love this table. It's big and in my way. I don't think that it makes good use of the kitchen space.

The table that I want is at a flea market. The guy builds them with benches and such and I want, I want, I want. We have to save the cash though and other more important things keep popping up. Boo-hoo. Guess I'll get over myself and be thankful for a virtually free table and a handy Hubby.

This post was supposed to be about my excitement over my newly redone old chairs. I'll show you that soon. Have a great day ya'll!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments peeps, but make them nice or I'll delete!