Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yummy Banana Bread

I really should be folding clothes so I'll make this quick. This is a delicious recipe for banana bread that we had for lunch today. I tried to make it a little healthier than the original recipe by using applesauce for half of the butter. Next time I will substitute all of the butter for applesauce and even more of the flour for whole wheat flour.

Turn oven on to 350. Heat her up.
I tried to take an "artistic picture", this is the best I could do.
Sad ain't it.

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 or 5 mashed bananas
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

First, mash your nanners. Mix flours, baking soda, salt and spices in a separate bowl. Cream brown sugar, butter and applesauce together in another bowl. Add beaten eggs to sugar mixture and stir. Pour into the flour mixture and add the bananas stir only until all mixed together. Add the chocolate chips and the walnuts (optional). Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Check to be sure it baked all the way through with a butter knife.

I think this is highly adaptable to you what you have on hand and what your family likes. I did mean to add vanilla. You could leave out the cinnamon or add more. Same deal with the nutmeg, chocolate chips and walnuts. Pecans would be good too. I mixed some simple confectioner sugar glaze and poured over the top. We hogged out and Hubby will be lucky to get any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments peeps, but make them nice or I'll delete!